[Mingw-users] ar.exe: could not create temporary file whilst writing archive: no more archived files

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Tue Jan 15 04:33:31 JST 2019

On 14/01/19 17:29, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
>> See this thread about this issue[1].
>> https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/lists/archive/users/2019-January/000215.html
>
> I had already read it, hence my questions : is the ar.exe problem
> related to the mkstemp problem,

Yes, I think so, but not quite as you appear to be assuming.

> and in that case will a fixed mingwrt-5.2 package be released in the
> coming days ?

I hope to do so, within the coming week.  However, that alone will not
help you ... the buggy mkstemp() has infected the binutils-2.31.1-1, and
gcc-8.2.0-2 builds.  It is the first of these which delivers the buggy
ar.exe, but both must be rebuilt; I hope to complete that tonight.

> I am not feeling able to compile mingwrt easily myself :(

It's not that difficult, (but does require MSYS, Cygwin, or other Unixy
build platform); in a build subdirectory of the top source directory:

  $ ../configure --prefix=/mingw && make && make install

after cloning the git repository; however, right now, even that will not
fix it, until I push my current patch queue, (or you apply the patches
from the preceding mail threads).

--
Regards,
Keith.