[Mingw-users] ar.exe: could not create temporary file whilst writing archive: no more archived files

Back to archive index
John Calcote john.****@gmail*****
Tue Jan 15 03:03:40 JST 2019

I agree with Phillippe - this is definitely worthy of a patch - it's
breaking all over the place. I put this question out a couple of weeks ago
and got no responses. I'm glad we've figured out the root cause, but we
should not ignore it like it's nothing. There's about a 10% chance you'll
get past this issue in a given build that uses ar.exe. That is to say - 1
in 10 builds succeeds due to a lucky temp file name.

John