[Howm-eng 55] Re: Newbie...

Back to archive index

khi****@users***** khi****@users*****
Wed Apr 9 22:16:23 JST 2008

Hi.

At Tue, 8 Apr 2008 02:00:13 +0200,
Xavier Maillard wrote:
> What does "MOTTAINAI" mean ? Two other questions:

It means "wasteful".

> 1. do you know what are your users habits ? Maybe it would be
> preferable to set the "one file per day" model as the default one
> ?

I'm afraid that it may confuse beginners.
It also breaks backward compatibility.

> 2. in the "one file per day" style, how does howm know there are
> several notes per file ? Maybe I should also try to follow your
> way to do since I am creating almost 10 files a day currently.

If you set the below variable, "= " at the beginning of a line is
regarded as a separator. (This is an experimental feature.)
  (setq howm-view-search-in-result-correctly t)  ;; be aware of paragraph
Otherwise, each file is simply treated as a long single note.

--
khi****@users*****