[tomoyo-dev-en 281] Re: systemd support

Back to archive index

Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Mon Jun 13 21:45:56 JST 2011

Jamie Nguyen wrote:
> I don't know if you've looked at systemd already,
I'm still using Debian Sarge which has gcc 3.3 which can build all kernels
which TOMOYO supports. Thus, I'm not using systemd.

> Would it be possible for you to make it exit with non-zero status if it fails
> to load (e.g. kernel doesn't support it)?
Yes.

> would it be possible to add support for "/bin/kill -HUP" so that ccs-auditd
> can be restarted?
Yes.

> Do you prefer to include this systemd service file upstream, or let
> distributers package themselves?
I think showing a template file with fixed content

  [Unit]
  Description=TOMOYO Linux Auditing Daemon

  [Service]
  Type=forking
  ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ccs-auditd
  ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

  [Install]
  WantedBy=multi-user.target

at http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/1.8/chapter-4.html#4.6 is enough, for programs
in ccs-tools package need not to know about "whether the system is using
systemd or not" nor "where the service files for systemd are installed".