[tomoyo-dev-en 275] Re: mark PID namespace for delete?

Back to archive index

Horvath Andras han****@log69*****
Thu Jun 9 23:16:52 JST 2011

I'd like to ask something different too regarding the mechanism of the
policy update of Tomoyo.

When i create a list like this to update my policy:

delete $domainname
delete $rule1
delete $rule2
delete $rule3
$domainname
$newrule1
$newrule2

and then i write this to

/sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/domain_policy

then i update the rules just right. That's ok.

My quiestion is:

Might there be any race condition during the policy update within the
kernel? Can it happen that after i wrote my policy update list to
domain_policy, that between deleting and creating the new policy, there
is a tiny amount of time, when the particular process has full
permission and it can do anything?

Or does Tomoyo work something like applying only the differences? Or it
just creates some kind of locking mechanism while updating the rules?

Thanks.