[Pgbigm-hackers] pg_bigm regression test with pg_trgm

Back to archive index

Fujii Masao masao****@gmail*****
2013年 9月 30日 (月) 12:15:18 JST

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Fujii Masao <masao****@gmail*****> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am starting this new thread so that the discussion does not get mixed.

>> > I had a thought regarding this so I thought I would share.
>> >
>> > The tests including pg_trgm and pg_bigm will definitely fail if pg_trgm
>> > is
>> > not installed.
>> >
>> > To separate the trgm tests with only bigm tests, I think maybe we can
>> > have a
>> > separate command like installcheck-trgm. which can be run after pg_trgm
>> > is
>> > also installed.
>>
>> Sounds good.
>

> Please find attached the patch which uses installcheck-trgm to test if
> pg_bigm and pg_trgm can co-exist.

Thanks a lot!

> Two new files are added in the sql folder:
> - init_trgm.sql file loads the pg_trgm module into the database.

Yep, this is required.

> - pg_trgm.sql is a copy of the regression test file of pg_trgm and is used
> to test the trgm functions.

I don't feel inclined to add the pg_trgm regression test into pg_bigm.

Is it really worth testing the pg_trgm in that situation? I was thinking that
checking whether we can register pg_bigm after registering pg_trgm is
sufficient as the test of co-existence of them. You're thinking that changes
in pg_bigm can affect the behavior of pg_trgm?

When new feature will be added into pg_trgm and its regression test will be
updated, what should we do? Maybe we need update pg_trgm.sql in pg_bigm.
In this case, I'm concerned about the case where pg_trgm regression test
would fail on older version of PostgreSQL because lack of such a new feature.
Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao