[Pgbigm-hackers] pg_bigm regression test with pg_trgm

Back to archive index

Fujii Masao masao****@gmail*****
2013年 10月 3日 (木) 19:15:48 JST

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Fujii Masao <masao****@gmail*****> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****>
>> wrote:

>> > Even I tried after changing cnt_bigm_cml to cnt_sml in my patch but I
>> > got
>> > wrong result:
>> >
>> > test_db=# CREATE EXTENSION pg_trgm ;
>> > CREATE EXTENSION
>> > test_db=# CREATE EXTENSION pg_bigm;
>> > CREATE EXTENSION
>> > test_db=# SELECT similarity('wow','wow');
>> >  similarity
>> > ------------
>> >           0
>> > (1 row)
>> >
>> > I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I will look into this again and
>> > let
>> > you know soon.
>>
>> I did something wrong. I could reproduce the problem.... :(
>

>  Ok.
>
> The pg_trgm.sql file was not included because an update would cause problems
> in previous versions. But I feel we might be able to handle this by having
> special pg_trgm test files for different versions so that new trgm functions
> are only tested in the newer versions of PostgreSQL.
> What do you think?

ISTM that this is not just a problem of only pg_trgm. pg_bigm might accidentally
define a global function which other modules use. So I'm not sure whether it's
really worth adding only pg_trgm regression test into pg_bigm.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao