[MinGW-Users] How to request additions to w32api?

Back to archive index
David Gressett DGres****@amli-*****
Fri Feb 12 05:18:48 JST 2021

Yes, that is it. It shows a snip from the header file

>Then that's not my reading of it, because it begins with only the value for Windows 10, without any reference to MSVC header files.  And this page:

 > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winprog/using-the-windows-headers

>shows the values in a way that doesn't bind them to any particular MSVC header file.

That one is much better;

>And that's even before we consider the fact that the value is available in quite a few free software implementations, and we can take it from there instead.

Those can be problematic - some of them do contain information nipped out of Windows headers and it is official MinGW policy that any patches coming from such sources will be unconditionally rejected.