[MinGW-Users] How to request additions to w32api?

Back to archive index
Eli Zaretskii eliz****@gnu*****
Thu Feb 11 23:22:58 JST 2021

> From: Keith Marshall <keith****@users*****>
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:06:00 +0000
>
> > (It is not clear to me whether the *.def files are maintained by hand
> > or are produced by some tool.)
>
> The initial .def file, for any given import library, is likely to have
> been generated byt the "pexports" tool -- that's certainly what I use,
> when I have access to the DLL.

pexports doesn't produce the @NN part of the function's export, so I
thought it was insufficient.  One could add that part manually, but
counting bytes could be error-prone.

Thanks for the other answers, I'll open a ticket when I have time.

P.S. I also think we need to add a value of _WIN32_WINNT that
corresponds to Windows 10, our current values seem to stop****@8*****.