[Mingw-users] Errors in standard include files

Back to archive index
Anton Shepelev anton****@gmail*****
Fri Jan 10 22:10:35 JST 2020

Keith Marshall:

> FWIW, your pastebin shows only the error messages, which
> appear to indicate that they are triggered when a
> statement such as:
>
>    #include <sstream>
>
> is parsed within a C++ translation unit, but we see no
> indication of which feature test macros, if any, may be in
> scope at point of failure; just compiling that one
> statement, in isolation:
>
>    $ echo '#include <sstream>' | mingw32-g++ -c -fsyntax-only -x c++ -

Excellent.  If you only add -std=c++11 the errors will be
there:

   $ echo '#include <sstream>' | gcc -std=c++11 -c -fsyntax-only -x c++ -

I beg your pardon for not specifying it in advance.  When my
own program fails I can easily come up with a minimal test
case, but I feel at a loss with huge projects and
complicated build scripts.

> I would further point out that you appear to be using
> GCC-4.9.3

Can I update MinGW on Windows XP anymore?  My MinGW
Installation Manager fails with what I perceive as two
messages:

   1. Cannot open URL.
   2. Sync repository failed.

The URL in the error message is (typing from screen):

   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/package-list.xml.lzma?download

--
/\  http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]