[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Wed Jan 8 21:46:08 JST 2020

#37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

  Open Date: 2018-01-10 12:17
Last Update: 2020-01-08 09:46

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/37867
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=37867

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Keith Mar 31st, 2019 at 2:50:32 PM

@Cesar Strauss

    I noticed there is a 6.0-exp branch for Win64 support, do you want maybe to
    build on this?

That would seem sensible; after all, that branch was created expressly for the
purpose of working towards Win64 support. Do note, however, that there have
been significant advances on the 5.x-trunk branches, (culminating in
5.2-trunk), since the most recent activity on 6.0-exp; the tip state of
5.2-trunk should be merged into 6.0-exp, before it progresses further.

Keith Apr 1st, 2019 at 7:23:33 AM

@Cesar Strauss, in addition to the patch queue, which I've already published, I
have a couple of Win64-specific patches (in an independent queue). I've never
been able to test these, since I don't have access to a Win64 host, (and
VirtualBox will not let me virtualize one, on my P6200 64-bit Linux host).

How would you prefer me to make these available? Another OSDN.net chamber? Or
attach them to @Earnie Boyd's existing OSDN.net Win64 ticket? Or even, just
apply and push, on the 6.0-exp branch?

Keith Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:35:56 AM

@Cesar Strauss, I forgot to mention that, in my working copy, I currently have
the self-contained patch queue guard enabled: hg qselect self-contained.

Keith Apr 1st, 2019 at 12:31:02 PM

@Cesar Strauss

    the tip state of 5.2-trunk should be merged into 6.0-exp, before it
    progresses further.

I've done that for you, now.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: earnie
         Owner: earnie
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

This is the primary ticket for controlling this milestone. Status of the
milestone will be added as comments to this ticket.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net