[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #39130: correct header file name versionhelpers.h

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Wed Apr 17 23:58:38 JST 2019

#39130: correct header file name versionhelpers.h

  Open Date: 2019-04-14 07:21
Last Update: 2019-04-17 23:58

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/39130
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=39130

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

The case of the file as distributed by MS is VersionHelpers.h.

I didn't make the file, name the file, or write it in the software I was
compiling.

If the originator of the file calls it VersionHelpers, maybe mingw should too.
Or not.

I discovered the problem and reported it. Perhaps this report will save someone
some time when they find the same issue.

Maybe it gets fixed in mingw so no one else finds it. Or not.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: rich_coe
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: (None)
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: Rejected

Ticket details:

The distributed name of versionhelpers.h is VersionHelpers.h
mingw created this file as versionhelpers.h, which only works when compiling on
windows with a case agnostic filesystem.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net