[macemacsjp-english 983] error: 'struct MacFontStruct' has no member named 'mac_style'

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Fri Apr 27 06:46:38 JST 2007

Hello Seiji!

I am trying to compile a useable Carbon Emacs 23. This time I tried
not to use -DATSUI among the CPPFLAGS, because I saw that ATSUI gets
defined upon certain circumstances. Obviously this scheme is a bit
faulty, or I was erroneously defining USE_MAC_FONT_PANEL:

in src/macterm.c this block (lines #8790-8810, lines #8788-8808 in
the recent GNU Emacs 22.1.50 code) is entered and the err statement
before the last closing brace is reached:

   if (font == NULL)
     err = SetFontInfoForSelection (kFontSelectionATSUIType, 0, NULL,
target);
   else
     {
       if (font->mac_fontnum != -1)
	{
	  FontSelectionQDStyle qd_style;

	  qd_style.version = kFontSelectionQDStyleVersionZero;
	  qd_style.instance.fontFamily = font->mac_fontnum;
	  qd_style.instance.fontStyle = font->mac_fontface;
	  qd_style.size = font->mac_fontsize;
	  qd_style.hasColor = false;

	  err = SetFontInfoForSelection (kFontSelectionQDType,
					 1, &qd_style, target);
	}
       else
	err = SetFontInfoForSelection (kFontSelectionATSUIType,
				       1, &font->mac_style, target);
     }

but in src/macgui.h at lines #174-180 (lines #172-178 in the recent
GNU Emacs 22.1.50 code) the USE_ATSUI case is /not/ reached:

#if USE_ATSUI
   ATSUStyle mac_style;		/* NULL if QuickDraw Text is used */
#if USE_CG_TEXT_DRAWING
   CGFontRef cg_font;		/* NULL if ATSUI text drawing is used */
   CGGlyph *cg_glyphs;		/* Likewise  */
#endif
#endif

and so the font struct has no member mac_style. Am I doing something
silly or have I discovered a design flaw for the Carbon side?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
         James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959