[macemacsjp-english 245] Re: macemacsjp-english Digest, Vol 7, Issue 27

Back to archive index

Viktor Haag vikto****@gmail*****
Wed Sep 28 21:39:37 JST 2005

On 27/09/05, David Poole wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest (today's) version of emacs, replacing one
> from May 18, and I made no changes except to remove the japanese
> localization. However ispell does not work in the new version. It worked
> in the previous version, and I did not do anything special in either case.
>
> When I choose the menu item "tools" -> "spell checking" -> "spell-check
> buffer", I get the error message
> "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
> David

This may not be caused by the new build. Ispell is working fine on my
machine, both from the menu, and when invoked directly from the
minibuffer.

The first thing I do when I install a new version is to remove
/Applications/Emacs/Contents/Resources/site-lisp, as I prefer my own
mix of startup libraries; maybe that has something to do with the
problem (i.e., there's something in the provided site-lisp packages
that's causing the problem)?

V.