[Howm-eng 46] Re: customization

Back to archive index

Xavier Maillard xma****@gnu*****
Tue Apr 8 09:00:10 JST 2008

   > This is an idea but why not take advantage of the abbrev
   > mechanism offered by emacs itself ? I do not know whether emacs
   > permits such abreviations though. Plus, with emacs 23, something
   > has changed on this side. (I am putting emacs-devel into the Cc
   > to get their feeling about this particular point).

   Hmm, I cannot understand your suggestion.  Would you give me a
   concrete example of desired behaviors (not codes) ?

Well something as simple as "> " expanding to ">>> ".

   By the way, do you know that you can type "C-c , i" to insert a
   registered keyword with completions?

Yes I know this _but_ it won't insert the >>> thingie if the
keyword does not exist first. So in my case (I am starting so my
keyword bank is almost empty), it is pretty useless currently.

Regards,

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org