포럼: Forum of Decimal BASIC (Thread #45765)

Line numbers (2022-04-28 00:37 by Maury Markowitz #89631)

I am reading the document here:

https://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA008683/english/FullBASIC.html

It states:

As the structured control instructions are prepared, we can describe the flow of a program without depending on line numbers.

When I look at the standards documents, I see that all lines start with a number. But the examples in the same document sometimes show line numbers, some don't. It is not clear whether these are immediate mode examples or something else entirely.

True Basic, the only one of these I have used, did not require any numbers at all.

Can someone help explain this?

Reply to #89631×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Line numbers (2022-04-28 08:21 by SHIRAISHI Kazuo #89633)

Programs compliant with the Full BASIC standard must have line numbers in all lines.
Full BASIC Implementations compliant with the standard must accept programs with line numbers, but they may accept programs with no line numbers.

Reply to #89631

Reply to #89633×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Line numbers (2022-04-28 10:17 by Maury Markowitz #89634)

Reply To Message #89633
> Full BASIC Implementations compliant with the standard must accept programs with line numbers, but they may accept programs with no line numbers.
Got it, thanks!
Reply to #89633

Reply to #89634×