This is the enhancement of Linux boot loader, GRUB for adding the TCG measurement capability. It supports TCG compliant PCs with TPM 1.1b and 1.2. Main features are:
- Measurement during the process of loading Grub
- Stage 1 measures the first sector of the stage 1.5 (or stage 2). Stage 1(=MBR) itself is measured by BIOS just when it is loaded.
- The first sector of stage 1.5 (or stage 2) measures the remaining sectors. Stage 1.5 measures the stage 2, too.
- Just after the Grub is booted, it measures the configuration file named grub.conf. Then it measures a number of files in the sequence specified in this configuration file.
- TCG 1.1b compliant PC. BIOS INT 1Ah/AX=0BBxxh must be supported.
- TCG functions must be enabled in the BIOS setting.
GNU GRUB http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub.html
GNU GRUB Mailing List Archive http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/
OLD Instruction http://trousers.sourceforge.net/grub.html
List of Patches
How to build/install/use