포럼: Forum of Decimal BASIC (Thread #48743)

.dmg files can't install Decimal Basic (2023-03-05 07:22 by Elhardt #94425)

I download the BASIC8121En_Mac.dmg file, click on it, and it gives me the following message: "The following disk images couldn't be opened - BASIC8121En_Mac.dmg - no mountable file systems"

I have an older version of Decimal Basic installed years ago on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion that installed and worked fine.

I'm now running OSX 10.11 El Capitan on an Intel based Mac and wanted to get the latest version installed. You give no information as to what versions of Mac OSX it runs on, or what processor type (Intel on M1). Why doesn't this install?

Reply to #94425×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: .dmg files can't install Decimal Basic (2023-03-05 09:12 by SHIRAISHI Kazuo #94426)

I downloaded BASIC8121En_Mac.dmg on MAC OS 11.1 Big Sur (M1 processor). I could extract BASICEn folder, and then could launch basic.
BASIC8121En_Mac.dmg was made on MAC OS 10.14 Mojave (Intel).
I wonder dmg files made on OS 10.14 can be incompatible with OS 10.11.
This may be an ill will of Apple corporation.
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-disable-gatekeeper-mac/
Reply to #94425

Reply to #94426×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: .dmg files can't install Decimal Basic (2023-03-05 11:57 by Elhardt #94427)

Reply To Message #94426
> This may be an ill will of Apple corporation.

I found this article that addresses the dmg error I'm getting. I tried mounting it from the Terminal. Still doesn't work. Best I can tell from the article is the dmg is using a newer file system that OSX 10.11 doesn't support like APFS, which OSX 10.12 and earlier don't support. Either the dmg needs to be created using an earlier Mac OS file system like HFS+ or IT SHOULD BE UPLOADED AS A .ZIP file so people running 10.12 or earlier can install Decimal Basic.
https://iboysoft.com/howto/no-mountable-file-system.html
Reply to #94426

Reply to #94427×

Re: .dmg files can't install Decimal Basic (2023-03-05 15:16 by SHIRAISHI Kazuo #94428)

Thanks for the information.
BASIC8121En_Mac.zip Uploaded.

Reply To Message #94427
> Reply To Message #94426
> > This may be an ill will of Apple corporation.
>
> I found this article that addresses the dmg error I'm getting. I tried mounting it from the Terminal. Still doesn't work. Best I can tell from the article is the dmg is using a newer file system that OSX 10.11 doesn't support like APFS, which OSX 10.12 and earlier don't support. Either the dmg needs to be created using an earlier Mac OS file system like HFS+ or IT SHOULD BE UPLOADED AS A .ZIP file so people running 10.12 or earlier can install Decimal Basic.
> https://iboysoft.com/howto/no-mountable-file-system.html

Reply to #94427

Reply to #94428×

Re: .dmg files can't install Decimal Basic (2023-03-07 15:41 by Elhardt #94446)

> BASIC8121En_Mac.zip Uploaded.

I've spent a lot of time looking for this file, but it doesn't exist. At this point I finally got an old version of Decimal Basic from another hard drive. I will just continue to use that one.

Reply to #94428

Reply to #94446×

Re: .dmg files can't install Decimal Basic (2023-03-07 15:56 by Elhardt #94447)

Ignore my last post. I finally found the file. I had too many files lists showing creating a confusing mess. It installed and works. Thanks.

Reply to #94428

Reply to #94447×